Sarah Palin has rejected $172 million in stimulus funds for the state of Alaska.
$74 million of those funds are for education, aimed at mostly poor and special education students. These are districts with extremely high drop-out rates.
School officials are dismayed, disappointed, and "stunned." Some are lobbying the state legislature to overturn the decision.
In Palin's own school district, 60 out of 1,200 teachers might have to be laid off because of her refusal of stimulus funds.
How very sad that the children of Alaska must suffer so that Palin can score political points.
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (58)
- The Library
- Geithner's Choice (and Why It Makes Sense)
- George W. Bush Library in Planning Stages
- Right-Wing Radio Host Calls Michelle Obama "Trash"...
- Treasury to Sell Toxic Assets at Auction
- Bush Responsible for Mortgage Crisis
- Toxic Asset Plan to Rely on Hefty Gov't Subsidies
- Bidding Wars Return to CA Real Estate
- Olbermann on Palin: "How Much of a Schmuck Do You ...
- Tell Congress to Support President Obama's Budget
- Alaskan School Officials Protest Palin's Stimulus ...
- White House to Plant New Garden
- Obama's Message to the Iranian People
- Obama Administration Launches New Site to Help Hom...
- Profile of Chris Hughes, Creator of MYBO
- Obama's Kindergarten Photo
- Obama's 100 Days Diary
- Hillary Clinton to Travel to Mexico
- Hillary and Michelle Together
- Texting Madame Secretary
- Barack Oblogger's Pick - "Obama: All Access" DVD
- Barney Frank: Uptick Rule to Be Reinstated Soon
- SubPrime Meltdown Explained in Animation
- Matthews Rips Into Bush Legacy
- Huge Rally on Wall Street (It's the Banks, Stupid!...
- Hannity Frolics at the Bunny Ranch Brothel
- "The Rock" Obama (SNL Video)
- GOP Chair Michael Steele Stays on Message (SNL Vid...
- Stimulus Watch Gives a List of Stimulus Projects b...
- Clinton Speaks About Palestinian State
- How the Stimulus Will Help Your State
- GOP Chair Steele Apologizes to Rush
- Rahm Emanuel: Rush Limbaugh Is the Voice and Intel...
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2008 (821)