What a bizarre image for the President of the United States to have blasted across the media in his last month of office.
The Oblogger cannot condone the throwing of shoes at our President. But I do hope that Obama can help restore the image of America across the world.
And, truly, the last thing Al Qaeda wants is a kinder, friendlier United States. Without America as the villain, how would they recruit and grow terrorists? They would be marginalized as a bunch of kooky guys out there in the mountains who want teenagers to blow themselves up. Uh, thanks...but no thanks. I've got a life to lead.
Al Qaeda needs us as an enemy in order to survive. Let's not give them the fodder.
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (207)
- Challenge Pastor Rick Warren to a Theological Deba...
- Obama Camp's Response to Rick Warren Pick
- Service Nation
- Lend to an Entrepreneur: Join the Oblogger's Kiva ...
- Obama's Weekly Address
- Welcome the Obamas
- Bush Ducks Thrown Shoes
- Obama Administration Picks
- Join the Discussion: Economy
- New Comments System
- Maddow's Reinactment of Blago's Profane Tirade
- Lead a Health Care Discussion Group
- Obama Ethics Bill Put Squeeze on Blagojevich
- Transition Team Open for Questions
- Sarah Palin's Christmas Card Hacked!
- Did Rahm Emanuel Blow the Whistle?
- Illinois Gov. Says "F**k Obama"
- Going to the Inauguration?
- Supreme Court Rejects Obama Citizenship Challenge
- MTV to Host Inaugural Ball
- Barack Obama Weekly Address 12/06/08
- Obama Birth Certificate Brouhaha
- Relive the Speeches
- Join the Discussion on the Economy
- From Washington to Obama, Morphed
- Obama's Remarks to Nation's Governors
- Behind-the-Scenes at the Economic Transition Team...
- Obama Says "Bye Bye" to Bush Ambassadors
- Americans Approve of Obama Transition
- Sen. Daschle Responds on Health Care
- Richardson To Be Nominated as Commerce Secretary
- Slaves Helped Build the White House
- Hillary Clinton to Become Secretary of State
- Obama's Remarks on World AIDS Day
- Obama's Statement on Mumbai Massacre
- ▼ December (35)