We did it. We did the seemingly impossible, elected a biracial man named Barack Hussein Obama as president of the United States... and victory is sweet.
I was always an Obama supporter because I felt this to be a battle for the soul of this country.
We were standing over the precipice of disaster and Obama offered the only way out.
Eight years of George Bush have brought this country to its knees. We needed solutions, we needed change. We needed to find common ground to get things done. We needed to heal our racial wounds. We needed someone with the intellect necessary to think outside the box, to bring new and innovative ideas to the table to confront the challenges of the 21st century.
We did not need to stay mired in the cultural and political battles of the 1960s.
We now have to work together to move this country forward.
We have got to use the organizing tools we have learned to help Obama have an effective administration so that he will be re-elected in four years. I believe that Obama has the potential to become one of the greatest and best-loved American presidents in history. I think the hope unleashed by the Obama campaign can reach across the globe and change lives.
For me, the highest domestic priorities are to bring health care to the Americans who do not have it, and to create a New Green economy and bring Green jobs to this country.
What do you think Obama's priorities should be? What issues do you think Obama should focus on in the first year of office?
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (207)
- Join the Debate on Healthcare
- Obama Announces Economic Team (Video)
- Obama's "Change" Threatens Regimes
- Can Hillary Fight for Women Worldwide?
- Obama Cool
- Obama Prepares for Debate (Everything He Couldn't ...
- Redefining Patriotism
- How Much Do You Know about Your Government?
- First Policy Priority: Healthcare
- The War Obama Is Inheriting
- Geithner Tapped for Treasury Secretary
- Barack Obama Elementary School
- Obama Announces Plan to Create 2.5 Million Jobs
- Obama to Establish Office of Urban Policy
- Hillary Clinton Will Accept Offer of Secretary of ...
- The "O" in Obama
- DC to Ease Property Rental Rules for Inauguration
- Obama's Win Causes Supporters to See Emptiness of ...
- Obama's Cell Phone Records Breached
- Palin Interviews While Turkey Dies
- Couric: Palin Clearly Struggling
- Want to Know More about the Transition Process?
- Daschele to Head Healthcare
- Napolitano to Head Homeland Security
- Bill Clinton Agrees to Vetting Process
- Economist: GOP = "Party of Stupid"
- Obama Election is "Sin Against the Lord"
- Barack Oblogger's Shopping Picks
- Obama Energy and Environment Policy Team
- Al Qaeda Calls Obama "House Negro"
- Obama to Push Green Policies for U.S.
- DNC Commemorative Book: Obama's Mile High Moment
- Weekly Address: Obama on the Economic Crisis
- Obama Bling
- Dick Cavett: The Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla
- Gingrich: GOP Outmatched
- Obama to Provide Weekly Youtube Talks
- O'Reilly on "Daily Show"
- Put Pressure on Obama to Close Guantanamo
- Spoof NY Times Front Page
- The Power of Change DVD
- 40 Acres: A Poem for Obama
- Baroque Obama
- Barack O'Bama
- Honoring Veterans
- Transition Team Sets New Ethics Rules
- Beyond the Fat Cats
- Fox News Interview with Sarah Palin
- David Brooks: Republicans in a "World of Pain"
- Election Night, 2008
- David Letterman: Top 10 Revelations About Sarah Pa...
- Obama's Transition Team Plan
- Barack Obama's Radio Address
- How Barack Obama Tapped Into the Power of Social N...
- The Black Butler Who Served the White House
- Oblogger in London
- What Does the Chief of Staff Do?
- WSJ on Emanuel Pick
- Barack Obama Countdown Clock
- Barack Obama: "Titan of Industry"?
- will.i.am: "It's a New Day"
- Let America Be America Again
- The New Website of President-Elect Barack Obama
- How Obama Rewrote the Book
- Make Your Own Obama Logo
- Obama Wallpaper and Downloads
- Condoleezza Rice Proud of Barack Obama
- Colin Powell Wept at Obama Victory
- 106-Year-Old Obama Supporter
- Ron Clark Academy Responds to Election
- What's Next for MYBO?
- 71 Million Watched Election Night Coverage
- How He Did It
- Barack Obama's Acceptance Speech
- The Way Forward
- Yes We Did!
- Vote Today
- My Wife Made Me Canvass for Obama: Here's What I L...
- Stay. In. The. Line.
- One Million Calls Made This Weekend
- 99.98 Percent Chance Obama the Winner!
- Don't Speak for Me Sarah Palin: The Musical
- "I Voted" Sticker
- Big Oil Thrives, Middle Class Struggles
- ▼ November (87)