Still scratching my head wondering why the Republicans thought it appropriate and funny to demean the work of community organizers.
Don't they lay claim to representing Christian values? How can you mock community organizing and call yourself a Christian?
To me, faith is a call to action, to change the world for the better. Not just a call to lip service.
John McCain served his country one way, and that was by going to war and choosing to stay a prisoner of war.
But Barack also served his country, by doing community service and helping those who did not have the advantages that he had. Barack chose to not use his Harvard School law degree to obtain a six-figure salary, but instead went back to the poor streets of Chicago and was paid a meager salary of $20K.
(I swear Barack is a better person than I am. I might have been dazzled by the prospect of earning six figures and paying off those law school student loans.)
But the point is, that both are ways to serve your country. And both should be acknowledged and given their proper due respect.
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (207)
- John McCain: Sick?? Go to Walmart!
- Obama Ad: "Parachute"
- Tina Fey as Sarah Palin, Part 2
- Obama Clear Winner
- McCain Unconcerned With Middle Class
- CNN's Cafferty Tells It Like It Is About Palin
- The Great Schlep
- Head of Skate: The Sarah Palin Story
- Sarah Palin: Putin Comes Into the Airspace
- Colbert: Sarah Palin Is a Dude!
- Sarah Palin: Not Ready for Prime Time
- David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending C...
- Live Today on Barackobama.com
- Obama Closes McCain's Lead With White Women Voters...
- Campbell Brown Rips McCain Camp for Sexism
- McCain Camp Whines
- George Will on McCain's Temperament
- Barack Obama's Plan for the Economy
- Obama, Not McCain, Shows Steady Hand in Crisis
- In Praise of Sarah Palin
- Venetian Gondoliers for Obama
- McCain's McLobbyists
- Sarah Palin Is a Secret Muslim
- Palin's Ratings Slide 10 Points in Three Days
- Life in a Battleground State
- McCain Against Deregulation Before He Was For It
- McCain Would Grant Tax Breaks to Rogue CEOs
- Barack Obama's Plan to Fix Our Broken Economy
- McCain Campaign Trying to Stop People From Voting
- McCain's Lies
- Hillary Clinton on the Economy and Palin
- Alan Greenspan: "We Can't Afford McCain's Tax Plan...
- Palin Values "Loyalty and Secrecy"
- Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL
- Palin Interview: Parts 1, 2 & 3
- On Palin Not Knowing the Bush Doctrine
- Charles Gibson for VP
- Gibson Schools Palin on Foreign Policy
- McCain Sweats on "The View"
- Welcome to Guest Bloggers
- Under Palin, Wasilla Billed Victims for Rape Kits
- "Perhaps So"
- Register to Vote...NOW!!!
- McCain Half Truths and Lies
- Who's the Real Sexist?
- Palin's Pastor Agrees God Punishes Jews Who Don't ...
- The Story of Two Obama Books
- Obama vs. McCain Tax Plans
- Palin Not Ready for Prime Time
- How Do Pro Lifers Plan to Legislate?
- Ed Koch Backs Obama, Calls Palin "Scary"
- McCain Lying About His Record
- Same Old Lies, Same Old Propaganda
- Palin Member of Extremist Christian Church
- GOP: No Palin Interviews Until She's Treated with ...
- 49K Voters Added in Virginia
- Getting out the Vote in Rome
- Republicans in Trouble in Swing States
- Sarah Palin Missing From Sunday Morning Interviews...
- Gloria Steinem: Sarah Palin Is Phyllis Schlafly, O...
- What Republicans Talk About When They Have Nothing...
- If You Want the Polling Numbers That Matter
- The Republican Haters Ball
- Palin Convert
- Bobby Kennedy Talked About the First Black Preside...
- The Power of Community Organizers
- Call for National Day of Service Tomorrow
- Barack Obama on Community Organizing
- Palin Choice an Insult to Women
- CNN's Roland Martin Rips Mockery of Community Orga...
- What You Didn't See at the Republican Convention
- Palin's Secessionist Flirtation
- Sara Palin Hightails It
- Palin Raises $8 Million -- For Obama
- McCain's Speech Falls Flat
- Delegates Doze During McCain's Speech
- Hillary Clinton Speaks!
- John McCain Was a POW
- Daily Show on Palin Hypocrisy
- Donate to Stop Negative Attacks
- Republicans Try to Stop Press from Reporting the T...
- Your Guide to Palinspeak
- Why the Media Should Apologize to Sarah Palin
- Sarah's Speech at the RNC
- The Truth About Sarah Palin
- What Republicans REALLY Think About Sarah Palin
- Liberal Shmiberal
- Palin Is McCain's Gamble
- McCain's Tax Plan Benefits the Rich
- Support the Troops? McCain Consistently Votes Agai...
- Barack Obama's Record on Women's Issues
- Lieberman 2006: I Will Help Obama "Reach for the S...
- CNN's Cafferty: Palin Vetting?
- Barack Obama on Ethics Reform
- Barack Obama: We Rise and Fall as a Nation
- Barack Leads in Latest Gallup Poll
- Palin Member of Fringe Secessionist Group in 1990s...
- McCain's Vetting Process
- Karl Rove Critical of Gubernatorial and Mayoral Ex...
- Mothers Debate Whether Palin Can Do the Job
- Did McCain Make a VP Mistake?
- Latest Poll Numbers
- McCain Spokesman Stumped Explaining Why Palin Is ...
- Palin Against Sex Education
- Scarborough Says Palin Choice "Will Not Work"
- Water Breakgate
- ▼ September (107)