Sunday, May 18, 2008

15 Whitest States in America

by population, and by who won the primary...

Maine BARACK

Vermont BARACK

West Virginia HILLARY

New Hampshire HILLARY (BARACK lost by 2.6%)

Iowa BARACK

North Dakota BARACK

Montana

Kentucky

Wyoming BARACK

Idaho BARACK

South Dakota

Minnesota BARACK

Wisconsin BARACK

Nebraska BARACK

Indiana HILLARY (BARACK lost by 1.1% to 2%)

77 comments:

Robert W. said...

But, but, but he can't win with hardworking white people! Those states must just be filled with LAZY white people.

CamiG said...

It would be so powerful and inspiring if those voters who helped Obama win in the states above came out together and proclaimed even LOUDER who their choice for President is!

S.E said...

Obama is sure an inspiration to all. With the crowd, it's now clear who the next U.S. President may be.

Anonymous said...

When you say "15 whitest by population", do you mean the number of white people or the percentage of the population that is white. The percentage would do a better job proving your point.

Anonymous said...

uhhh... it has to be by percentage. Ever taken a look at the total population of wyoming, the dakota's, etc? They wouldn't stand a chance in *overall* numbers.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they mean whitest by percentage. Otherwise TX, NY, and CA (and FL - maybe) would be on the list

Anonymous said...

I assume it's by percentage since there are smaller states in there like Vermont and I'm sure states like Texas have an actual larger population of whites, but has a lower percentage, which shows since Texas isn't on the list.

Oc said...

Anonymous - it must be by percentage. There are certainly more white people in New York as a whole than in Maine or Vermont...

Anonymous said...

So...

What are you trying to say by posting this? What's the point?

Jeremy said...

what about the whitest of the white?

Utah - 1.14% black.

Anonymous said...

That Obama can't win regular everyday white voters. He clearly can.

Anonymous said...

Indiana is down to like 0.5%.

Anonymous said...

jeremy - I can't give you numbers, but Obama won here in Utah.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the whole race issue is a big deal, really. A lot of racist voters who would never vote for a black candidate ALSO would never vote Democrat.

The only group where race could be an issue is with those termed, "prejudiced-non discriminators", or those who are covertly prejudiced but would never show it.

Still, I believe political beliefs would outweigh racial bias, even with white, hard working, female voters.

Jeff said...

He also won Idaho.

Erin said...

if this were a poll of the 15 blackest states (are there 15?) people would call this racist...

And Zeus Laughed said...

What's your point? It's not a list of the 15 blackest states. And if Obama's rival had accused him of only winning in the "blackest" states, a list of said states would be in order, and would not be racist at all. The old formula "switch it around and it's racist" is getting old.

Dan said...

Why show the percentage of margin for Barack's losses against Clinton and not vice versa?

Hank Fox said...

Don't count out the states that only contain a white majority. That's where the racism is likely to be the strongest.

finalcut said...

Dan, perhaps because this is a site dedicated to Obama? And maybe because the charge has been leveled (by Clinton) that only she can win the votes of the hard-working white middle class?

However, it would still be nice to see both sets of numbers just in the spirit of full disclosure

Anonymous said...

Idaho isn't even that white now. I totally saw a black guy like 2 weeks ago. I even saw a Hispanic person last month. This article is totally inaccurate.

Anonymous said...

doesn't matter - McCain will beat either loser

Anonymous said...

The only thing McCain will be beating is the dead horse about the war in Iraq and national security.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That was funny.

"Idaho isn't even that white now. I totally saw a black guy like 2 weeks ago. I even saw a Hispanic person last month. This article is totally inaccurate."

Anonymous said...

LOL. McCain will have a coronary as soon as he's in office - and if everything plays out the way it's looking, we will have Michael Bloomberg as teh prez!

Vote in corporate fascism!

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about taking my money, and every other American's and shipping it off in the sum of 800 million to other countries to help them "reduce carbon use?"



Do we need more government? After all, that is what got us to where we are, at least, that, and CFR politicians.

Your guy Obama is just as bad as McCain and Hilary.

Anonymous said...

No question he beats Hillary in those places...duh.

But, can he beat John there too?

Levi said...

If you vote Obama, you're sexist.
If you vote Clinton, you're racist.

If you vote McCain, you're sexist AND racist.

It's quite clear who you should NOT vote. XD

Crian Padayachee said...

I believe he can beat Senator McCain in those states without a problem because looking at all the trash that is under McCain's bed, you could fill new conferences until the end of 2008. Great post by the way.

elamb said...

its like he just lit Americans on fire! its amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, how many of you goobs think a guy with a Muslim background and a Muslim name will win the presidency so soom after Muslims attacked the US 7 years ago?

Anonymous said...

Let's call it what it is. The term "Hard Working White People" is just a code for Racist white people.

Anonymous said...

> Hmmm, how many of you goobs
> think a guy with a Muslim
> background and a Muslim name
> will win the presidency so soom
> after Muslims attacked the US 7
> years ago?

Compared to the fascist, American Christian Taliban (ACT) nutcase we have in the job now? You know, the one who has an unblemished record of failing at *every* job he has ever held in his entire adult life??

Anonymous said...

Might as well get used to it, Obama is the Democratic nominee!

What's that you say, Hillary still has a chance?

About the same odds as a three-legged horse winning the Triple-Crown! It's possible! lol

http://klintons.com

Anonymous said...

needs more obama spin, I just can't get enough of the lazy whites!

dolphus said...

I'd still like to see that little detail about his 'garden' and the mafia explained.

Anonymous said...

Being from Wyoming I will wager that he won't get 10% of the vote here. This is not a democtatic state never has been. He may have beat Hillary but that don't mean a thing. And I think that is true with other states as well.

Anonymous said...

i don't what this "report" is trying to prove or achieve. seems like people on both sides are more than willing to play the race card in order to benefit. the hypocrisy is overwhelming to the point that it makes many not even want to take part in these elections.

Anonymous said...

It is by percentage -- I looked at the 2000 US Census 2005 projection data.

Here is the order, if you're curious.

1. Vermont, 97.95% white: Obama

2. Maine, 97.81%: Obama

3. New Hampshire, 96.97%: Clinton

4. Idaho, 96.81%: Obama

5. Wyoming, 96.01%: Obama

6. West Virginia, 95.99%: Clinton

7. Iowa, 95.79%: Obama

8. North Dakota, 93.19%: Obama

9. Nebraska, 93.06%: Obama

10. Montana, 92.52%: To be determined

11. Kentucky, 91.27%: TBD

12. Wisconsin, 91.00%: Obama

13. Indiana, 89.57%: Clinton

14. South Dakota, 88.5%: TBD

15. Minnesota, 87.3%: Obama

Anonymous said...

yeah go VT! We are the whitest ever!

JM said...

This is great - especially Anonymous @ 12:35 PM's "ranking". Proves that white people will indeed support Obama.

I don't mean to put this indelicately, but wouldn't an educational-level-for-white-people ranking be a bit more telling?

derek said...

I have been saying this all along...

White people like Barack for the same people like Barack...he makes sense.

It makes me feel a little prouder to see him do well because I, too, am a black man but I can honestly say if Barack were white and/or a woman, I would still stand behind him/her because he's saying things that need to be said.

I think this was based on percentage because California has the most whites in raw numbers. In fact, California has more white people than any of the 47 not named New York, Texas or California.

I think that Barack resonates with these voters because his message is partially one of self-reliance and also one of a willingness to check forces that work to derail the ability of citizens to advance and work to improve their own lives and their communities, urban and rural.

RJH said...

Yeah but, but, but, if you apply this equation:

(b) \left ( \frac{1 + i}{1 - i} \right )^2 + \frac{1}{x + iy} = 1 + i

Hillary wins with blue collar, white, red bicycle owning, Windows ME users. See, it's SO close.

Kurt said...

RON PAUL 2008 FTW!

Anonymous said...

Well I am White (whatever that means anymore), "hard working" and periodically racist but will without a doubt vote for Obama. McCain is a complete corporate tool; Hillary is a self serving liar. Obama has the experience in life and politics to help this country. We are in desperate need of a reversal of the fascist policies of Bush and his henchmen. If Obama picks the right staff, he can overcome any "experience" issues; I would vote for him based on his intentions for our country.
BTW: I respect McCain has served our country in the armed forces, but do we want a president that has been subjected to torture and possible brainwashing... there's some rhetoric for you.

Anonymous said...

1. Vermont, 97.95% white: Obama +32,095 +20.7%
2. Maine, 97.81%: Obama, Not Reported
3. New Hampshire, 96.97%: Clinton +7,589 +2.6%
4. Idaho, 96.81%: Obama +13,225 +62.3%
5. Wyoming, 96.01%: Obama +2,067 +23.6%
6. West Virginia, 95.99%: Clinton +147,410 +41.3%
7. Iowa, 95.79%: Obama, Not Reported
8. North Dakota, 93.19%: Obama +4,677 +24.6%
9. Nebraska, 93.06%: Obama +13,681 +35.4%
10. Montana, 92.52%: To be determined 6/3/08
11. Kentucky, 91.27%: TBD 5/20/08
12. Wisconsin, 91.00%: Obama +192,897 +17.3%
13. Indiana, 89.57%: Clinton +14,419 +1.2%
14. South Dakota, 88.5%: TBD 6/3/08
15. Minnesota, 87.3%: Obama +73,115 +34.2%

Total Edge: Obama +162,339. (Numbers from RealClearPolitics.com)

That's a lotta white folk.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Obama in the Minnesota Caucus, I work very hard and I am white. I can tell you my non- hard working co-workers didnt bother to vote. Obama beat Hillary 2 to 1 in my state. Nuff Said.;

Dickard said...

This is absolutely hilarious. I took it a little further and tried to extrapolate out who was ahead: Hillary or Obama versus McCain.

She loses on that front as well. McCain takes 7 of the 10 whitest states versus Hillary, Obama and McCain split the same 10; 5 to 5.

10 Whitest States.

Anonymous said...

BARACK OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for that.

Anonymous said...

Are there seriously people out there that believe that Obama is Muslim? Puh-lease!

I doubt Obama is worse than McCain, and we NEED a democrat, either HRC or Obama, to undo all of the damage that Bush and his cronies have done. McCain will be worse for the USA.

Derail the McCraizy Train!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Im not voting for McCain because once the old fart is in their he can do anything he wants and not answer for it, he'll be dead about a year or two after his first term.

Laura said...

I'm a white woman, and I proudly support Obama. I think the most telling thing is that Iowa came out for Obama in huge numbers. All candidates were here for months and we got to see them in very small gatherings.

I think it's fair to say Obama can't win racist white Americans. Those who are voting for HIllary because they would NEVER vote for a black person. But why would you so actively go after those votes? Those are the demographics she's trying to get support from in WV and Kentucky. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Obama is our negro.

Jay said...

oh give me home...where all the white people are.I'm tired of dealing with whining black race hustlers and phonies.Obama doesn't stand a chance.

Anonymous said...

Im not voting for McCain because once the old fart is in their he can do anything he wants and not answer for it, he'll be dead about a year or two after his first term.
kral oyun
oyunlar
oyunlar

Anonymous said...

But, but, but he can't win with hardworking white people! Those states must just be filled with LAZY white people.halıhalı ve yan sanayi

berk said...

thanks very nice :P

Anonymous said...

Duygusal özlemli şiir Flash

dizi izle said...

thanks

dizi izle said...

But, but, but he can't win with hardworking white people! Those states must just be filled with LAZY white people.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i'm from wyoming and i voted obama.

savaş oyunları said...

It would be so powerful and inspiring if those voters who helped Obama win in the states above came out together and proclaimed even LOUDER who their choice for President is!

yahoo music videos said...

thankks

Anonymous said...

Only about 44% of ALL white people voted for Obama in the general election... I now this for the primary, but by going by state this blogger is able to skew the results.. Kind of like 2000 when Gore won the popular vote but when you go by state/electoral college.. Bush won and was named president... But when all and all is done Obama lost the white vote... He won the election because he was able to carry a significant majority of minorities (not just blacks)...

Source:
http://www.slate.com/id/2204251/
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html#at

Anonymous said...

Obama is the least deserving president. He has done nothing since being elected. Was he not supposed to end the war? Well, he's sending MORE troops to Iraq. He won because he was popular, not because he deserved to be elected as out nation's leader.

robot said...

I'm really very useful to follow a long-time see this as a blog here.Thank you for your valuable information.pillirobot

Fix said...

I m really very useful to follow a long-time see en yeni oyunlar this as a blog here.Thank you for your valuable information.

Medyumlar said...

But, but, but he can't win with hardworking white people! Those states must just be filled with LAZY white people.

medyum said...

Thank you for share with us...

Ankara Oto Boyama said...

very good siteevden eve nakliyat tahks

barbie oyunları oyna said...

thanks for subject very well done.

Stew said...

I agree with one comment saying he might have a hard time winning hardworking white people votes especially how the houses for rent in Northern Kentucky have miserably declined in value. People here are hardworking folks who don't deserve this kind of "change" we thought we could believe in.

albina N muro said...

try this site out www.xenadrineadvisor.com/

Anonymous said...

so, how is all that hope and change working out for you?

Anonymous said...

idiots

Blog Archive