Obama ahead in new Iowa poll
No wonder Hillary Clinton is redoubling her efforts in Iowa.
A new Washington Post/ABC News poll of likely Democratic caucus-goers has Barack Obama leading the primary field with 30 percent, compared with Clinton at 26 percent and John Edwards at 22 percent. Obama's lead doesn't amount to much given that it's still within the poll's margin of error. But the horse race numbers, along with the results of other questions asked in the poll, has his campaigin smiling.
It's the first time in weeks that Obama has held such a lead. (See the full
results and Post story here.)
Clinton is still seen as the more experienced Democrat, but caucus-goers
surveyed in the poll say they are more interested in change: Fifty-five percent
said a "new direction and new ideas" was their top priority, compared with 33
percent who said "strength and experience." Obama is also increasingly the
second choice of Iowa voters, the Post reports. That's significant because any
candidate who doesn't win 15 percent at a caucus is deemed inviable, and his or
her supporters must choose another candidate or go home.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Obama Ahead in Iowa
The tide has turned. Clinton has peaked and will continue to fall. Obama is pulling ahead in Iowa. From Boston Globe:
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (207)
- ► 2008 (821)
- Massive Momentum from Iowa
- Hillary's "Experience"? ... Meh!
- State of the Black Union Blogging Contest
- Quote for the Day
- A Thanksgiving Message from Barack
- Women for Obama
- Get the Story Straight!
- Digg Obama!
- Obama Ahead in Iowa
- Clinton Drops 10 Points in National Polls
- Obama Ahead in Iowa
- Dreams of Obama
- Obama Dispels Myths and Lies about Him
- When Flag Poles Attack
- The Moment is Now!!!
- Clinton Plants Question in Audience
- Clinton Poll Lead Shrinking
- Obama Wows 'Em in Iowa
- Obama: Superb Speech in Iowa
- Obama Rocks the House at the JJ Dinner
- Obama Responds to "Flag" Photo
- Great Article in Slate
- Barack on Reclaiming the American Dream
- Rapper Common Supports Obama
- Obama Rejects Bill Clinton's "Swiftboating" Claims...
- Obama Calls for End of Corruption in Washington, D...
- Obama Right About Pakistan
- Clinton Drops in Polls
- Republicans in Early States Change Parties to Vote...
- Obama Named Winner of the Week
- Barack Obama on the Writers Guild Strike
- Obama on Saturday Night Live
- Must-Read NYT Profile
- The Inner World of Hillary Clinton
- Obama Calls for New Approach to Iran
- Andrew Sullivan Writes Definitive Obama Piece
- Obama Squashes Rudy Giuliani
- Obama Hand Over Heart Fiasco -- Debunked!
- Just to show I'm open minded...
- No Free Pass for Hillary
- Write Your Letters to the Editor
- Gail Collins NYT Piece Critical of Hillary Clinton...
- Obama: Clinton "left us wondering"
- ▼ November (43)